Tri-State (Outdoor) Furmeet becoming a reality!
Opening Ceremonies: 5pm US Central Time on Friday, November 14th
Event end: TBA on Sunday, November 16th
Location: Geode State Park Campground, near Danville, IA
Age Requirements: 18 or older (21 or older to drink)
What to bring: Tent or camper, sleeping bag, warm clothing, fursuits are welcome and I will do what I can to have a headless lounge, and most importantly, common sense.
Activities planned (more may come): Fishing (Iowa license required), Hiking, Cracker Barrel, Storytelling, Capture the Flag, Pot Luck banquet, "Booze Pong" TournamentFEES
I will NOT charge an entry fee myself, however Iowa DNR has set the following fees for camping:
Electric site: $13 per night
Non-Electric site: $8 per night
Shower and Water Hook-up: Add $3 per Night
NOTE: these fees are per lot of the campground so if you have others sharing the camper or tent with you, this would be considerably less expensive. I will also attempt to obtain some extra tents, and possibly a bunkhouse so others may be accomodated too.RESERVATIONS
It is recommended that you please RSVP by Tuesday, November 11th
To RSVP, please e-mail the following information to email@example.com
(copy, paste, and answer please)
Name (as it appears on your legal ID):
Fursona (as it will appear on your badge):
Means of travel:
Tent, Camper, or buddying up with someone else?:
Food allergies? (if any):TRANSPORTATION
Free shuttle provided for the following means of travel (please call my cell phone at (815)236-9949 to be picked up)
Greyhound/Trailways - Burlington, IA depot
Amtrak - Burlington, IA and Ft. Madison, IA depots
Airplane (American Connection) - Southeast Iowa Regional Airport (Burlington)
Truck drivers - 34 Fast Break Truck Stop, West Burlington, IA; BP Travel Plaza, Wever, IA; Kum & Go Newport Junction Truck Stop, Morning Sun, IA.
If parking at campground is full, please follow signs to the beach and park in that lot, I can also run shuttles from there.VOULUNTEERING
If you wish to help volunteer, please call my cell phone at (815)236-9949
Volunteers needed for shuttles, setting up, tearing down, cleanup, security, and supervising activities.RULES
1. Chances are we will not be the only ones using the campground facilities so please be respectful of the non-furry neighbors as well as the park and Iowa DNR regulations.
2. If you wish to start a campfire, please use your common sense
3. Everyone will be carded before they recieve their badge of entry. If you are under 21, your badge will be vertical instead of horizontal
4. Please do your best to keep the area clean. Remember I do not own this place, the Iowa Department of Natural Resources does!
5. The park has a 10pm "quit time" rule so please make sure that if you play music, etc. after then, it is not disturbing the non-furry neighbors.